Spirit, Camp, and Fireworks

Hello again, world.
I'm back.
Long time, no see.
Part of the reason why it's been so long since I've posted is because of camp last week, and the other reason is because my laptop recently developed a problem. It's quite sad; Sebastian doesn't light up enough for me to see anything, excepting when I point a flashlight at him. I've been putting off trying to fix my laptop until camp was over for the week, and now after I've tried to figure it out, I've realized that I probably won't. Imma ask a few people to look at it before I take it to the shop, though.
In related news, my truck is also in the shop. Only a different kind of shop. On Tuesday last week, I got all the wranglers in the back of my truck so we could hightail it over to lunch, and the air conditioning wouldn't come on. I know, I know, first world problems. But a few of those days, it was around 100 degrees Fahrenheit, and it got pretty hot in that truck. So my dad insisted we bring it in. Hopefully I'll get it back soon.
So yeah.
Wanna hear some stories from camp last week? I have a few pictures, so I'll put them in as we go.

photo cred Christin Mund
My horse assignment this week was my favorite boy, Spirit. I love having him as my partner for trail rides, because people seem to really connect with him. One of my new favorite things is watching people form connections with each other and horses. Often, when I tell his story, even the smallest kids will start to rub his shoulder and get big soft eyes. The anxieties and fears that Spirit faces is something that people can relate to. And they love that.

from STR fb page
Just look at how confused he is.

photo cred Christin Mund
And adorable. The girls loved his flowers and braid.


This year, we started a new tradition of painting a special word on the horses for the closing ceremony. Words like grace, peace, love, perseverance, hope, self-control, etc. Spirit's word is fear, crossed out to make NO fear. Because he is learning to overcome his fears, and by the grace of God, all our fears are removed.
Penny Schramm
The wranglers started having quiet time with the Lord every afternoon, and someone caught me sitting in my perch. Both on the post...

Lydia Kaiser
 And on the round bale. The round bale was definitely my favorite of the two perches. :) 

 
photo cred Christin Mund
Something else that we started this year was all the wranglers going out with flags and singing the National Anthem together. It was wonderful to hear all the voices coming out of the grand stands. 

Friday night, one of my friends brought a ton of fireworks and we shot them off over the lake. Cause, you know, the best fireworks you can legally buy out of the stand and a bunch of irresponsible young adults goes great together. No, it was absolutely beautiful and no one caught their hair on fire or blew a finger off, so we're all good. We shot off a cake of fireworks and five mortars at the same time, and it was EPIC. I myself took part. 
I tried to upload the video, but I'm afraid it's not working. Ugh, techNOLOGY! 

But anyway, it was a fantastic week.
And (hopefully) I'm BACK!

Comments

  1. Great post! Looks like everyone had a super fun time! Loved the horse pictures!
    -Brooklyne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry I haven’t read up in awhile!!! That looks like some great times you’re having. I am so glad you are using your summer wisely and also enjoying it!!
    Keep it up, my friend. ��

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts