Philosophy in Life


"Don't be precise," said Dwalin, "And don't worry! You will have to manage without pocket handkerchiefs and a good many other things before you get to the journey's end."


Found this gem in The Hobbit the other day. And I thought, "Huh, that's basically my philosophy in life." Besides "strive to glorify God with all that you do", I try not to sweat the small stuff, or make a big deal over what you probably don't need. Part of this stems from my INFP personality, and part of it stems from the way I was raised. No matter what it stems from, this philosophy is now my attitude against most fuss and bother. 
Cause seriously, what is life if you're constantly worrying about all the stuff that you supposedly HAVE to have? Could you possibly live without makeup, or! horror of horrors, wifi?
SURPRISE! Yes. Yes, you can. 
You know what, here's a challenge for you. Set a number of days and go for that many days WITHOUT your pocket handkerchief: be it social media, makeup, sarcasm, or something else.
You don't need a ton of stuff to live. Give yourself a break from the prison of need, make life a little simpler, and go live.

-Tessa

Comments

  1. This is a great inspiration Tessa. I will have to give this a go!
    -Amaris

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts