Update

Hey, it's me again with an update of sorts.
For future reference, today was the first training day for day camp, 2018. I know that you probably don't care, but I'm also using this blog as a sort of online memory book. So yeah.
Anyway, today was training for week one. It was really different than normal because usually, us Wranglers do all of our training at the Barn in the morning, then we go over to the pavilion at Lakeside for lunch. But this year, we did all the training with the counselors. That included a conflict resolution session, one of our amazing leaders' testimony, and an evanglism session. It was really cool to get to know the leaders a little bit better, and the counselors. Something that I love about STR is how much they emphasize on unity. It doesn't matter if you're with the kids more and we work harder, it doesn't matter if you lead worship and I work in the kitchen...we're all in this together.


Speaking of worship.
I said yesterday that I was kind of nervous about helping to lead worship. There were three of us leading, Jared, Hannah, and I. Jared is a worship leader, and he put together the mix of worship songs that we used. We all got there late, so we only had time to run through it once, but you know what I have realized? Every time I get an opportunity like this, I get super nervous. But right before I go do whatever it is, I have a super intense, real moment of, "this is not about you. This is not to glorify you. This is about God. Now get it out of your head, and go do it." And then it almost always turns out way better than I thought it would. I just have to get it out of my head, and remember Who it's all about.


Also, Jared's worship mix was so perfect. You had to pay attention, because he would sing the chorus or verse from one song, and then switch to a different song. It was super smooth, and the songs tied together amazingly. Like I said, you had to pay attention, but that was awesome because then you listened to the words more. At least I did. It was pretty impacting.

Also, at one point during the day, it started to rain on one side of the pavilion, in full sunlight, while not raining(full sunlight) on the other side. It was completely, astonishingly, beautiful. Somewhere up there was a raincloud, but we couldn't see it, and it didn't block the sun at all. The raindrops sparkled like diamonds in the light, and it was just breath-taking. After a few minutes, the cloud shifted, and both sides of the pavilion had rain. Still in the sun. I took a not-so-great video of it hitting the lake, and you can hear it if you listen hard enough.


Hopefully it works. If it doesn't, you'll just have to take my word for it. It was lovely. I love rain on water. And roofs. (why is it roofs and not rooves? Or IS IT?? comment your thoughts)

So anyway, that was my day today. :) Complete with Chick-Fil-A and Jesus. Now I need to go prepare my music for playing the piano tomorrow on the worship team. I literally don't know what I'm doing right now. BUT HEY. MY HEART IS IN THE RIGHT PLACE, SO THAT'S WHAT MATTERS.
Hope you all had a lovely day. :) 
-Tessa

Comments

  1. It’s great to hear about your experiences! It’s so great to know that we don’t have to do all these things for selves… We can do then for God. And He will help us.
    Great post, dear.
    -Amaris

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts