Time to Begin

Well.
Hello! :) Welcome to the Blog. This is the first blog post, and I'm not quite sure what to begin with. I've never had a blog before.
Okay, what can you expect from this Blog? Well, let me tell you.
~Opinions
~Puns
~Horse talk
~Etc. Etc.
Besides the laughs, though, there will be a lot of
~Bible verses
and
~Posts about what God's been teaching me.
I work at a barn that's part of a place called Strong Tower Ranch. We have horsemanship programs, and in the summer, we have camps for kids. Strong Tower is for kids from all backrounds, but especially those who are underprivileged and at-risk. I've been tremendously blessed to serve absolutely amazing kids there, with absolutely incredible people. One of the reasons why I started This Great Adventure is to tell the stories about these kids and my fellow servants. To share what Jesus has taught me through these people, and to encourage others. Camp is coming up in a few short weeks, and I am beyond excited to begin logging the stories.
I love writing. I always have. Growing up, I wrote fiction, of all genres, and I still do. So you'll get some character posts, some book/movie reviews, and just a little fangirling.
Lately, though, I've discovered a strong passion in writing true stories, encouraging thoughts, and devotionals. And that is what has given me the real push in starting this blog.
If that sounds like something you'd be interested in, I hope you'll stick around and begin this part of The Adventure with me.
Oh yes, one last thing.
The name of the Blog, This Great Adventure, came about my senior year. (I'm 19 for those of who are don't know me, and maybe for those that do know me and aren't sure.) (shame on you.) (you should know me better.) At that point, I was about graduate high school, planning on NOT going to college, and just a little bit unsure of what I was going to do. I'd had what I called an unexpected adventure starting the fall before, and my adventure was about to end. I was more than a little sad about that, but then I thought, you know what, no. This isn't the end of my adventure, this is the end of the beginning of my adventure. There is so much more ahead of me, so many different people to meet and things to experience.
Life isn't broken up into little adventures. Life is one big adventure, filled with chapters of rich experiences and heart-changing lessons. It is a story, unfolding from the beginning of time, when it was written by the very best Author.
It is an adventure. And mediocre was not a part of the outline, this adventure is incredible.
Don't you dare doubt it.
It is This Great Adventure, and the next part has begun, my friend. Thank you for joining me on the road. If you are from Facebook, thank you for caring enough to check out my next project. :) If you are Amaris, thank you for getting me started. If you just met me...thank you for reading, and please, leave a comment so I can meet you. :)

The road goes ever on and on, and whither then? I cannot tell.
But I'm ready to follow it.

-Tessa

P.S. By the way, a month after I graduated, I was given the opportunity to volunteer in a cherished position...and then given my dream job. The Lord always answers prayers, even when you don't know what you're praying for.

Comments

  1. Nice! Looking forward to seeing more posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Elodie!! Thanks for following me, too. :)
    -Tessa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, I'm so glad for you! I can't wait to see where your blog goessss..... yYYAYAYEE
    -Amaris

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Amaris!!!! Thanks for giving me so much support!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this tessa-Char��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Charlotte!! Glad to hear from you! <3

      Delete
  6. Hi Tessa, Can you please ponder this question and offer up a defense for your answer? Would you rather fight a horse-sized duck or 100 duck-sized horses? Thank you. Just wondering.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, what an intelligent question. I've given this much thought, and I think my answer must be that I would rather fight 100 duck-sized horses. My defense is that ducks are threatening even at their normal size, I can't imagine how to handle a horse-sized duck. Whereas with tiny horses, I could still use the same techniques that I've been trained to use. *nods*
      Thank you for your question. ;)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts